Last Updated: October, 2019.
Akrata Beach Hotel (hereinafter: “Hotel” or “we”) respects the privacy of visitors to its website. We ensure that the information you provide will be treated as confidential.
What personal information does Akrata Beach Hotel collect and why?
The personal information we may collect about you generally falls into the following categories:
- Information You Voluntarily Provide.
Some parts of our Services may ask you to voluntarily provide personal information: for example, we may ask for your contact information, such as your full name, phone number, email address, and date of birth, as necessary in order to contact you or to process and secure your booking, register an account with us, provide the services and information you request, such as details of your booking, have an emergency contact number for you in case you need it. You may also be required to provide your billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name and expiration date) to make a payment.
- Special categories of Personal Data.
In some cases we may also ask you to provide us with sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data is a type of personal information, such as information about your religion or health. These types of information are considered sensitive and require additional protection under applicable laws. We limit the circumstances in which we collect sensitive personal data. In some cases, we need to process sensitive personal data, such as:
- Health-related information may be needed to provide appropriate accommodation and accessibility or residency requirements.
- Official government-issued identification, such as an ID or passport number or driver’s license number where it may be required to rent a vehicle or make another reservation related to your stay.
- Other information that you may disclose on your own initiative that may involve religious, health or other information such as dietary needs.
The personal information you are asked to provide and the reasons why you are asked to provide it will be made clear to you at the point where we ask you to provide your personal information. If requested, we can inform you about the latest and attractive offers through our email service.
- Information we collect automatically.
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect certain information from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we automatically collect may include information such as IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g., country-level location or city) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages it has accessed and the links you have visited.
Collecting this information allows us to better understand the visitors who come to our site, where they come from, and what content on our site is of interest to them. We use this information for internal analysis purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as further explained in the “Cookies and similar tracking technology” section below.
- Information we receive from third parties.
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only when we have checked that those third parties either have your consent or are legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this privacy notice or for purposes we explain to you when we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we disclosed to you (such as archival reasons for public interest, scientific or historical purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where permitted by applicable laws. data protection.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data (applies to visitors from the European Economic Area – EEA).
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the relevant personal information and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we only collect personal information from you where we have your consent to do so, where it is necessary to perform a contract with you or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and does not override your right to privacy and is not infringed your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or we may need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of others. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear during the critical period and advise you whether or not providing your personal information is mandatory (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal data to support our legitimate interests (or the interests of third parties), we will inform you in a timely manner about what those legitimate interests are.
How we use your personal data.
We will always let you know why we need your personal information and how we will use that information. Akrata Beach Hotel will not share this information with third parties under any circumstances without your express consent, except:
- Service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of products, to offer functionality or to help enhance the security of our Website), or who process personal data for purposes described in this Policy Privacy or you who notify you when we collect your personal information.
- To any relevant law enforcement agency, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation; (ii) to exercise or defend our legal rights; (iii) to protect your vital interests or the interests of any other person;
How Akrata Beach Hotel manages your personal data in case of contests or promotions.
If you respond to a competition, offer or promotion, we will ask for your name, address and email. This data is used in connection with the promotion, notifying competition winners of the prize and measuring response to the offer.
How Akrata Beach Hotel manages safety and quality.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the quality and integrity of the personal information we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate for the risk of processing your personal information. The special measures we use include the use of a firewall.
We protect your personal data. The information you provide when booking a trip or subscribing to the newsletter will be stored securely in our database.
Time of retention of your Personal Data.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have a legitimate ongoing business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
Where we have no legitimate business need to process your personal data, it will be deleted or anonymised, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup files) then we will securely store the personal data your data and we will isolate it from any further processing until it can be deleted.
We collect information for research in order to gain a better understanding of our customers, allowing us to tailor our services accordingly.
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you may do so at any time by contacting us using the contact information provided under the heading “How to Contact Us”.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to the processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data or request a copy of your personal data. Again, you may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact information provided under the heading “How to Contact Us” below.
- If we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out prior to your withdrawal nor will it affect the processing of your personal data carried out on the basis of other lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority (DPA) https://www.dpa.gr about the collection and use of your personal data. For more information, contact the DPA.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their rights under applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice.
Questions and Answers.
Akrata Beach Hotel
Aigaiou and Tinou
Zip code 25006
Municipality of Aegialia
Tel: +30 26960 31181